Monday, June 15, 2009

Checkup at 19th week

Went for my 19th week checkup today. Gosh! My weight has shot up to 51.6kg - 3.5kg gain over 3 weeks plus! And shucks, I failed my urine dipstick test! I've been letting down on my guards and had let myself eat those sweet, unhealthy things over the past weeks. I've been craving for sweet and cold food and I just let myself go. First and foremost, I've been feasting on durians hoping that the high amount of protein can help to accelerate princess growth. For the past 3-4 days, I've been consuming about 1 durian a day. On top of it, I've been taking soft drinks like packet chrysanthemum tea, root beer float, sprite and packet fruit juice. I've also eaten about 1 packet of potatoe chips per week. Just today, I've eaten oats and steam egg before I left home, fried bee hoon when I reached office, sumptuous meal of peking duck, fish maw soup, prawns and fish at Crystal Jade and then ended with a Korean dinner of bibimbab, rice cakes and seaweed rice roll.

Baby princess, on the other hand, hasn't been absorbing all the 金华!She is now 12.3cm long and weighing 250g - an increase of just 2.8cm and 120g. So, I've been absorbing all the weight gain lor. Dr Ong told me to watch my weight as it seems like I'm gaining 1kg per week. He said that I should only gain about 12kg throughout my whole pregnancy and anything more than that would mean that I have to put in extra effort to shed. With respect to the sugar level in urine, he said that I can still continue to eat whatever I like and will only need to test for blood glucose level 2 months later to test for gestational diabetes. I hope I'm not diabetic.....I don't want to poke myself 7 times a day!!!! Control, Control and Control. I must control my diet now. No more sweet stuff, no more oily and fried food and no more durians!

Notes from Daddy -->
Little Princess: 'You must co-operate with mummy. Must absorb as much 金华 as possible' Ok? Mummy very concerned with your development. Pls pls pls be a good girl:)

Next consultation would be the fetal anormaly scan. Hope everything goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment