Saturday, July 11, 2009

Checkup at 23rd week

It's the day for the fetal anomaly scan. We arrived at Dr Ong's clinic at around 11am. As usual, there's a long list of patients waiting in front waiting to see him. We only got to see him at around 12.15pm and by that time, my stomach was growling with hunger. Beforehand, I had my blood pressure and weight taken. The blood pressure is normal but I've lost a little weight - from the 51.6kg last weigh to 51kg. I guess the drop must have been due to my almost empty stomach. But then even if I came with a full stomach, I don't think I would have weighed more than 51.6kg which means that I didn't have much weight gain. My pre-pregnancy weight was about 45-46kg, so throughout my pregnancy till now, I've only gained about 4-5kg.

Fortunately, little baby princess is still gaining weight. She is now 500g, double the weight about 1 month ago. Dr Ong said that her weight is normal. During the consultation, we could see baby in 3D image. Baby princess was rubbing her eyes initially but she was generally very shy during the scan as she kept using her tiny two hands to hide her face. Dr Ong has quite a hard time to check her features and take a 3D scan of her face. He has to practically shake my tummy so that baby can move her hands away. It's amazing how technology progress. The baby's features could be seen quite clearly. The eyes, nose, lips, cheeks, etc. Dr Ong commented that baby princess has chubby cheeks and I said that most likely she inherited that from me. I was born very chubby and till now, I can't shed off the baby fats from my face. Her nose looks like mine too....kekeke. Dr Ong commented that some of the traits/behaviour baby has while inside our tummy would carry on when she's born. In fact, baby already has developed her own character instead of being mould by external influences. For example, if the baby likes to cross her left leg over the right, this behaviour would be seen when she's two-three years old. So far, it's been easy for Dr Ong to scan baby's private parts for the past 3 consultations as baby princess was not crossing her legs at any time. It's like she's not shy to let others know about her gender. Hope that she'll not be so 'open' when she's born.

Overall, the detailed scan showed no abnormality. *phew*

No comments:

Post a Comment