It's my 16th week today. We went for our regular monthly check-up with Dr Ong. My weight is now 48.1 kg. Urine test and blood pressure is normal.
Before the consultation, I've compiled a list of questions to post to the gynae as I've been experiencing a few discomforts since my last consultation. Furthermore, I was down with fever and cough last week and I'm worried that the baby might be affected. I'm glad that Dr Ong answered all my questions patiently and reassured that what I've been experiencing are common in pregnancy.
Dr Ong then proceeded with the scan and asked if both of us want to know the gender of the baby. Of course we want to know! We've been guessing it for so many weeks! Dr Ong laughed and said that's typical of Singaporean parents. I said more things can be done with the gender known as lots of baby clothes in the market are either pure pink or pure blue. He took the initial measurements first. The length from crown to rump is at 9.54cm. I expressed my concerns about the size as what I've read from the books and websites stated 11-12cm to be the average size for a 16 weeks old baby. Dr Ong assured me that the current measurements are not important and sometimes could be inaccurate as the baby may curl up more during the scan. He then proceeded with scanning on other areas from head to chest to bottom and then in-between the legs. Dr Ong then said 'You need to get pink'. Hohoho....we're expecting a little princess! Baby now weighs 130g.
Before the consultation, I've compiled a list of questions to post to the gynae as I've been experiencing a few discomforts since my last consultation. Furthermore, I was down with fever and cough last week and I'm worried that the baby might be affected. I'm glad that Dr Ong answered all my questions patiently and reassured that what I've been experiencing are common in pregnancy.
Dr Ong then proceeded with the scan and asked if both of us want to know the gender of the baby. Of course we want to know! We've been guessing it for so many weeks! Dr Ong laughed and said that's typical of Singaporean parents. I said more things can be done with the gender known as lots of baby clothes in the market are either pure pink or pure blue. He took the initial measurements first. The length from crown to rump is at 9.54cm. I expressed my concerns about the size as what I've read from the books and websites stated 11-12cm to be the average size for a 16 weeks old baby. Dr Ong assured me that the current measurements are not important and sometimes could be inaccurate as the baby may curl up more during the scan. He then proceeded with scanning on other areas from head to chest to bottom and then in-between the legs. Dr Ong then said 'You need to get pink'. Hohoho....we're expecting a little princess! Baby now weighs 130g.

No comments:
Post a Comment