Saturday, May 9, 2009

14 weeks 4 days

I haven't been actively updating my blog as my work has sort of drained off my energy. Well, I've been feeling rather stressed up recently and I hope this phase could pass real soon.

With the outbreak of swine flu and the flu season going on, I've been called back to my gynae for a flu jab and at the same time collect iron pills. In the earlier post, I've mentioned about taking blood test for chromosomal abnormalities and at the same time to check for anaemia, thalassaemia, Hep B, Rubella, HIV, Syphillis, Blood group & Rhesus status and glucose. Thank god the blood test results turned out to be alright except that I'm slightly anaemic which could be improved with some iron pills.

I'm now at 14 weeks. Based on the pregnancy calendar, the baby would have grown to about 8-9 cm and weighs around 43g. By now, the baby would have eyebrows and a bit of hair. The baby can now grasp, squint, frown, grimace and suck it's thumb. I think one would be able to tell the gender of the baby through an ultrasound scan by this week. My dear hubby guessed the little one in me to be a boy whereas my instinct tell me that it's gonna be a girl. I'm looking forward to the scan on my 16th week. More things can be accomplished when the gender is known.

Physically, I think I'm feeling less tired and lighter. My tummy has now grown to about 33 inch, with a typical look of an auntie with lots of tummy fats. I'm suffering from constipation and leg cramps at night as well. I've expected the former due to the increased in progesterone but I've not been expecting leg cramps to hit me so early in the pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment