Saturday, September 12, 2009

Checkup at 32nd week

I'm at my 32 weeks and 3 days now. My weight has further dropped to 53.4kg. Total weight gain from pre-pregnancy till now is about 7-8kg. Not too bad. I was asked to do a swap test to check if there's any infection down there. If bacterias are found, I would have to be administered with anti-biotics during delivery.
Baby princess is now weighing 2kg, gaining 500g over 2 weeks. If baby princess maintained this kind of growth rate, won't she be weighing at 4kg at birth?? I wonder if she's gonna be a giant baby. But based on some of the weight statistics posted by some MTBs in the Singapore Motherhood Forum, it seems like they've having bigger babies than mine though. Maybe the weight gain will slow down at the later part of the 3rd trimester.
We've requested for the ultrasound pics from Dr Ong as hubby said that I need to put it in my blog. :)....So he tried very hard to give us a good scan as princess face was facing inwards now. He also provided us with the ultrasound scan of one of baby's foot, now measuring at 5.4cm. Looks so cute.
As for my GD, it seems like my body reacts very strongly to carbo. Apparently, brown rice also cause my sugar level to go up. Totally can't take rice now. But I think I'm ok with 1 piece of wholemeal bread though as the sandwich meal at Cedele didn't caused my sugar level to go up very much. Dr Ong was concerned whether I can do without carbs completely and asked me whether I'm starving myself. If so, then he'll administer insulin jabs so that I can still continue to take my carbo. Urmmm......I can do without that. Hate jabs. So far, I can do without rice as I'll just stuff myself with lots of vegetables and I snack ocassionally on nuts. And talking about nuts, I'm absolutely crazy about them now. Can't do without them now.
By the way, we've decided on the English name for baby princess but we'll keep it in suspense first and will only announce it when princess is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment